why is it that i never really know what i'm doing?

i went to school. got the 27k in debt to prove it. they taught me all kindsa nifty stuff.

and yet, what do i do when an 8 year old pees on the floor in a stream from the self checks to the kids computers? (and just how big is an 8 year old's bladder anyway?) what do i do when a man with garlic and steak breath professes his undying love to me. again. for the 3rd time today.
this is a chronicle of what i did, when the crazy happened. which, in a public library is much more often than you'd think. and which, they also don't teach you about in liberry skool.

check out my YouTube Channel for live videos of liberry craziness!


oh, and there's also a book review or two.



Sunday, May 23, 2010

convo with a patron just now

man with handlebar mustache *out of the blue interrupting a conversation i was having with a small child*:
yeah, i got kicked out of college. i was on the dean's list and they put my name in the paper and the big wigs got all mad *waving arms* and they threw me out of college!

me: *deadpan* wow, that must've sucked.

mwhm: yeah, and while they were doing that to me, the FCC put country music out of business. so, no more wows.

me: *incredulence* and....when was this?

mwhm: years and years and years ago.

me: oh, somebody should've told garth brooks.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I had an irate guy with a handlebar moustache and a mullet yesterday claiming that the kid sitting across the table from him was invading his computer and keeping him from applying for a job. Do you suppose it was the same guy? I figure the kid was just saving him from the heartbreak of yet another failed job interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lordi, it sounds like the same guy:) can you imagine doing that interview?

    ReplyDelete